The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ravenmorghane Posted - 05/04/2013 : 07:54:45
Last week I discovered Sylas had blue misty eyes so I think that means its shedding time! Its the first time he has done it since we got him last autumn. His eyes are clear again, which I've read is normal and it could take at least another week yet before he sheds, and I want to try this misting thing to help raise the humidity, and put a damp cloth on top of the tank
Is there any other advice you can give? Or stories about your guys shedding?
Cheers guys.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 11/04/2013 : 14:46:21
How is your hog doing Raven? Ours shed last night - had to help him with a bit he had stuck on his head and the very tip of his tail but the rest came off in 1 piece. I think the reason for this was that he took so long that his 'damp' hide had dried out and I hadn't realised as I was trying to leave him in peace, oops! Will have to remember to redampen it next time :O
LouiseB Posted - 10/04/2013 : 08:01:40
I think you just have to experiment to see what woeks best for your hoggy. Baldrick hates going into a damp hide, or being misted, or being bathed, so I tend to just leave him alone to shed in peace, and it's usually a complete shed. But then, Baldrick is just weird :)
Alidan Posted - 07/04/2013 : 18:43:08
Hey, must be that time of year as our Astrid has also recently shed. I put a damp sphagnum moss hide in her faun and misted her every evening. Pretty much what I do for our corn snake. It wasn't a complete shed unfortunately - we've had feeding probs so I'm putting it down to that? There was a tiny bit of shed left on her back and on the tail tip so I bathed her and the remaining shed easily peeled off.
Hope everything goes well for your hoggies :-)
smart bunny Posted - 05/04/2013 : 14:29:01
Hi I am in the same position in that our hog which we have had since Feb has cloudy eyes too and is hiding away. I first noticed when his tum went very slightly dull and he was going in and out of his water bowl quite a bit that day as well, so instantly put in a damp hide for him with sphagnum moss which he has pretty much stayed in ever since. I haven't misted etc as he seems to like his damp hide.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000