The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Devestated :'-(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CaRDiaK Posted - 26/07/2011 : 10:45:04
Well after a long battle, I woke up to find my poor man dead this morning.

I'm devastated. Took me over a year to find him and he never ate and I tried absolutely everything. I'm so upset.

R.I.P. CaRDiaK You will be sorely missed! x x x

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 30/03/2012 : 10:35:51
really sorry to hear that, rip little un
em6184 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 00:01:06
Sorry for your loss. Don't let it put you off though. Sounds like you did everything you could for the little fella. R. I. P Little Dude.
andi Posted - 11/12/2011 : 00:48:44
im pretty sure he got another one
jakeduff13 Posted - 10/12/2011 : 15:44:48
hi, sorry to hear about your little one :(

where are you from? are you in the uk? just asking because by the off chance that you are near me at all, i no a guy with loads of hoggies for sale.
andi Posted - 16/08/2011 : 22:33:01
aww no :o(
i know u dont want to replace straight away, and it sounds uv had a bad time of it with ur wee one, but if u live anywhere near fife serpentus exotics have hatchlings and the guy was very confident that his hatchlings have all eaten well bar a couple and we got 4 pinkies away wi him and their personal home and mobile number incase we have any issues with the little guy, i certainly came away feeling confident that they will do anything to help if we needed it!
Toki Posted - 12/08/2011 : 13:18:11
Very sorry for your loss :(

Please don't let it put you off getting another, they are fabulous snakes. Don't blame yourself.
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/07/2011 : 00:17:27
Sorry to hear about that.
I'm aware of the battles you've had trying to get him to feed, and the frustration you must've had.
LouiseB Posted - 27/07/2011 : 09:51:14
It doesn't sound weird at all, he was your pet and whether you have a dog or a rabbit or a snake, you come to love them all the same. I know I'd be in bits if I lost any of my snakes.
sparkaly Posted - 26/07/2011 : 23:23:19
so so sorrry, RIP little fella :(
mort13 Posted - 26/07/2011 : 20:18:22
Oh no,I'm so sorry for you. Only read about your troubles with him last night. You really have done all you could for him.
R.I.P little fella.
Mamma Posted - 26/07/2011 : 19:30:56
RIP little dood xxx
Gmac Posted - 26/07/2011 : 18:22:24
sorry news indeed. sorry for your loss
CaRDiaK Posted - 26/07/2011 : 15:41:17
Hey Louise, thank you. Thanks so much for all the help you gave me with him.

I think I will be getting another hognose yes. Although it took me a year to find him from a shop I have learnt a lot from this so I'll be much wiser in purchasing one in future. I'll probably hold out for some breeders to get some normal ones to be honest.

Sad times, don't really know what to do. That might sound daft about a snake but weird, I loved him and I still can't believe he won't be there when I get home :-/ thanks again :)

Barry
LouiseB Posted - 26/07/2011 : 14:14:30
Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. I know you had a lot of trouble getting him to eat, and you did try everything so you mustn't blame yourself that he didn't make it.
I have said before that I think he might have been sold to you too young, so you might want to have a word with the shop or breeder you got him from. If he hadn't started eating properly (i.e. 4 or 5 feeds) for them, they shouldn't have sold him to anyone, let alone a first-time snake keeper.
It's a horrible thing to happen with your first snake, but I hope it doesn't put you off getting another one. Will you be looking for another hoggy this year?

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000