The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 hoggie feeding advice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
georginasweeting Posted - 20/03/2012 : 18:18:05
so hero is geting on nicely. feeds like a monstor, he loves his food. does the 1.5 time the widest part theory work for hoggies aswel?

heres a pic before feeding 2 pinkies

heres him after

he is 7.5 inches long
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
georginasweeting Posted - 22/03/2012 : 23:40:00
he put on 1g last week and another this week. so hopefully he will keep gaining and growing x
Mamma Posted - 22/03/2012 : 20:58:53
He looks loverly
LouiseB Posted - 21/03/2012 : 19:33:38
He doesn't look skinny in the picture at all, but I've never heard of an overweight hoggy so I don't think there's any harm in offering more or bigger prey if he'll take it. Let us know how he gets on!
georginasweeting Posted - 21/03/2012 : 18:43:42
i have been feeding him mre regular, he just seems a but skinny on the underneath, i can feel his ribs. but he feeds, poos and drinks ok so i think im just worrying about him as hes so diddy. the pinkie i have at the moment are diddy so once they are all gone i will try and sorce some slightly bigger ones. im keeping track of his weight with every feed so i will know if hes putting on. thankupi for the reply x
LouiseB Posted - 21/03/2012 : 09:57:54
Yes, I do think the 1.5 rule applied to hoggies as well. From that picture, I'd say that you are feeding the right amount - but if you're in doubt, it might be better to feed more frequently than to increase the size of each feed, if that makes sense!

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000