The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Health
 hero the little bugger!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
georginasweeting Posted - 06/04/2012 : 20:37:58
so hero has refused his last 3 feeds, i have triple checked his rub and temps, and everything is stable and unchanged from before, his rub is 0.8 degrees warmer but thats after the second refused feed. i have brianed, stabbed squeezed, warmed, tuna scented, marmite dipped, soggy dry, and left in the rub. not all at once, i went through a few pinkies in the process, i have also tried a big pinky and a small one. nothing, not even a slither of interest!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
georginasweeting Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:46:05
He's always fed in a seperate tub with me, I have covered him, left him, left it in his viv. I'm going to try sardine scenting tonight. If that doesn't work I'm going to leave him 7 days (I will weigh him mid week) and try scenting with a rat fluff.
LouiseB Posted - 09/04/2012 : 11:53:09
Have you tried moving him to a smaller container for feeding, and perhaps covering it up for a while? My hoggy sometimes prefers a smaller, darker space when he's eating. Having said that, none of the usual tricks generally work on him, he either eats or he doesn't. Not much help to you, I know, but the main thing is to keep trying!
georginasweeting Posted - 08/04/2012 : 21:44:35
i have tried him every 5 days, the last feed he ate was 2 pinkies on the 23rd of march, so just over 3 weeks. he has stayed at 10grams, but today when i weighed him the scales started flickering between 9 and 10 :(
LouiseB Posted - 08/04/2012 : 20:14:23
How long has it actually been since he last ate? And how often have you been trying him with food? I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about at the moment - they can quite happily manage without food for a couple of months or more. Have you been monitoring his weight and, if so, has it changed at all?

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000