The Hognose Snake Forum
The Hognose Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Hognose Snake Posts
 Hognose Snake - General Keeping Information
 Non feeding 6mth old hoggie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alidan Posted - 15/01/2013 : 16:41:19
Hello,
Our hoggie has refused the last couple of feeds and wondering if we should be worried. She's about 6 months old and we've had her since November (about 1 and a half months). She has eaten well every 5 days until 29th Dec at which point she started refusing feeds. Temps are stated 31 degrees at warm end and room temp at cool end. Still lively and friendly - odd hiss/bunt if we startle her only.
The only difference I can think of is that at Christmas we all had flu and were ill for 2weeks. During this time handling was at a minimal so maybe this has upset her daily structure? We've started handling as normal for the last week and a half and she seems non the worse except non feeding.
When she first refused a meal I didn't attempt again for a few days later so not to stress her, and then again a few days later but still no interest shown.
No sign of a shed/wt loss.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 08/04/2013 : 07:41:14
Woah that's quick! Still waiting on ours to shed lol.
Alidan Posted - 07/04/2013 : 18:35:40
Yeay!! Since last posting, Astrid has shed and fed again tonight. Happy Days!!
Alidan Posted - 30/03/2013 : 22:11:52
Yep thanks, and guess what? I got her out of her viv this afternoon and she's in blue! Making up for lost time :-D
smart bunny Posted - 29/03/2013 : 08:12:41
Oh that is fab news, such a long time to go without food, you must have been so worried.
LouiseB Posted - 28/03/2013 : 10:48:56
Great news! I think it may just have been the time of year. I've had problems with feeding my hoggy in the past during the winter months, and although he often loses a lot of weight, he usually starts up again when spring arrives. Not that it has arrived really, but animals seem to know these things!
Alidan Posted - 26/03/2013 : 13:24:52
Whoop-a-doop! Astrid our wee hoggie has fed!! I'm so relieved. Although I've monitored her weight and it has kept constant, it's been since just past Xmas since she accepted a pinkie. She's tiny so weighing her was almost a religion! The most I've been able to get her to take was some brain goo and half a torso about a month ago
I was starting to loose heart. This was the first time I didn't get her feeding box out. I just weighed her and put a pinkie in front of her and she took it. Typical, I had to hold her while she wiggled it down.
Anyway, fingers crossed this is the start of her regularly taking feeds again
Alidan Posted - 25/01/2013 : 08:05:49
Thanks for you reply. She's still not interested in feeding but seems to be maintaining condition so I'll see how it goes. Thanks again :-)
LouiseB Posted - 18/01/2013 : 19:18:08
I'd just keep an eye on her weight, make sure she doesn't start losing too much. As long as she seems OK otherwise, I wouldn't worry about a couple of missed feeds. Hoggies can be a bit temperamental like that.

The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000