hero the hero
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

georginasweeting
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  19:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so hero has missed a few feeds now, and has not shown any interest in food for 4 weeks. i have tried all the normal. on tuesday i moved him into an incredibly same rub (3l) also on tuesday i obtain a (dead) toad, which to many peoples objections i chopped up (yes im not quite right) and added to 9 pots of moss and froze. i havnt seen much of hero since wednesday morning so today i decided to try a toad scented pinky. i put a bit of kitchen roll in the rub (i normally feed out side his rub) and defrosted the toad along with a pinky in some warm water and as stealthy as i could i opened his rub and slotted the tongs in and dangled it in front of his cocohut. 2 mins of hissing followed and he slowerly came out of his hut. licked the kitchen roll where the mouse had dripped toad juice, he then proceeded to try and eat the kitchen roll. i tapped him on the nose with the mouse which he ate in 2 mins!!! so yay!!!!!!!! toad/frog scenting works!!!!!! i have another 8 bits of toad so 8 feeds to ween him off toad.

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2012 :  16:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's dedication! Nice one, glad he's behaving for you again.

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000