hero the little bugger!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

georginasweeting
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  20:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so hero has refused his last 3 feeds, i have triple checked his rub and temps, and everything is stable and unchanged from before, his rub is 0.8 degrees warmer but thats after the second refused feed. i have brianed, stabbed squeezed, warmed, tuna scented, marmite dipped, soggy dry, and left in the rub. not all at once, i went through a few pinkies in the process, i have also tried a big pinky and a small one. nothing, not even a slither of interest!

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  20:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long has it actually been since he last ate? And how often have you been trying him with food? I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about at the moment - they can quite happily manage without food for a couple of months or more. Have you been monitoring his weight and, if so, has it changed at all?

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

georginasweeting
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  21:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have tried him every 5 days, the last feed he ate was 2 pinkies on the 23rd of march, so just over 3 weeks. he has stayed at 10grams, but today when i weighed him the scales started flickering between 9 and 10 :(

Go to Top of Page

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  11:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried moving him to a smaller container for feeding, and perhaps covering it up for a while? My hoggy sometimes prefers a smaller, darker space when he's eating. Having said that, none of the usual tricks generally work on him, he either eats or he doesn't. Not much help to you, I know, but the main thing is to keep trying!

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

georginasweeting
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  12:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's always fed in a seperate tub with me, I have covered him, left him, left it in his viv. I'm going to try sardine scenting tonight. If that doesn't work I'm going to leave him 7 days (I will weigh him mid week) and try scenting with a rat fluff.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000