Sick hognose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carried91
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  17:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hognose escaped over a week ago but I found her last night! She is only about 6 months old. She was very dehydrated and it looks like my cat might have clawed her because there are about 3 tiny black rough spots on her. She drank a ton of water and i have been soaking her in warm water. Is there anything else i should be doing to help her( besides making sure she never escapes again) ?

LouiseB
Yearling Hoggie

United Kingdom
624 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  18:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done for finding her, it must have been a huge relief! I think the most important thing is to make sure she has access to water whenever she wants it (which you're doing anyway). If the rough spots only seem to be skin-deep I wouldn't worry too much, as they should disappear after a couple of sheds. As long as they're not like open wounds and nothing is coming out of them, like pus or blood?

1.0.0. Western hognose (Baldrick)
0.1.0. Amel bloodred corn snake (Cornflake)
R.I.P. Bob (Western hognose)
Go to Top of Page

Carried91
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  19:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No puss or blood it just feels and looks like dried scabs but i did notice the tip of her tail is brittle looking and not the right color almost yellowish looking. Maybe thats from being dehydrated?
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Hatchling Hoggie

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  12:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly. Make sure she gets plenty water. How long was she M.I.A for?

Mamma. Location: Dundee

2.0.0 cornsnakes 1.1.0 kingsnakes 0.1.0 western hognose 0.1.0 hog island boa

wishlist: Arizona mountain kingsnake. Tricoloured, western hognose, Thayers kingsnake...pretty much MOAR kingsnakes

Go to Top of Page

drumrnj
Snake Mite

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My question is how did she get out. Please make sure there are clips on the cage. That really could have been disastrous. I am glad u found her but just try to be more careful. As far as health... yes make sure she has plenty of watered, continue daily soaks and make sure her heat is correct. Good luck. Keep us posted.

George M. Wasek
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Hognose Snake Forum © 2000-08 THEHOGNOSESNAKE.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000